1. CBV requires at least 2 weeks notice for all cake orders. Whether they are signature cakes or custom cakes.
2. Any order placed within 2 weeks or less of the pick up date, will be subject to a rush fee starting at $50.
3. Please note that sample pictures sent by clients are simply used for our design inspiration. We will never copy another designer’s work verbatim. We reserve the right as artists to make slight alterations based on our design aesthetic. In some cases these slight alterations may or may not be communicated. Slight alterations shall not impede original client request.
4. All payments are non-refundable. Your initial deposit of 50% reserves your event date and is non-refundable. Your deposit can only be transferred to a different date upon approval. Your balance of 50% is due at least 1 week prior to pick up. You will receive a payment reminder for the balance.
5. All orders $100 and less must be paid in full at the time of ordering
6. Dessert table package Sprinkletastic and Glambar have a deposit of 50% to reserve the date. Sweet AFudge has a payment schedule of 25% deposits.
7. We must receive the balance by the due date indicated on the invoice or contract is null and void, and deposit will not be refunded.
8. The date of your final payment is the final date for any changes of size, style, or flavors of the cake. Any changes requested after this date cannot be made.
9. All online orders, except for dessert tables, are set for pick up. Pick up location is in Queens NY, full address will be communicated up to 2 days prior to pick up. Delivery and setup fees are not included in the total invoice. We do offer delivery at an additional charge. You must inquire for delivery. When delivery is available, we service the Tri-state area including NY, NJ and CT.
10. If you or your representative elects to pick up and set up the cake, you assume all liability and responsibility for the condition of the cake once it leaves.
11. We are not responsible for any damage to the cake after pick up is complete. You are responsible for providing an appropriate and secure table and environment for the cake(s). Cakes are heavy and require a sturdy table, and optimal room temperature of 70 degrees or below.
12. Dessert tables packages are inclusive of delivery within 10 miles of our location. An additional fee will be charged for deliveries outside of the 10 mile radius.
13. On occasion, we will photograph our cakes, and we reserve the right to use any photographs for display or promotion without compensation to you.
14. Our products may contain or come into contact with milk, wheat, nuts, soy, and other allergens. You agree to notify your guests of this risk and hold us harmless for allergic reactions.
15. It is your responsibility to ensure that the event location is open and available for set up at the appointed time. Should we have to wait at the site for the event location to be opened, you will be billed for the time at a rate of $50 per 30 minutes that must be paid before the setup of your cake.
16. You agree to the terms in this contract and by using this site, and anytime ordering with Cakes by Violet, you agree that you are the person responsible for all payments and decisions regarding this order.
These terms and conditions are subject to change from time to time, at our sole discretion. By Accessing this site, you agree to these terms and conditions.